December 31 2010, 2:33 AM
In 2010 I:
- got a job at Google working on an amazing project with a great team,
- visited 8 countries for work,
- visited 2 countries for pleasure,
- made it to my 6th continent, Africa,
- gave more than a dozen public presentations, including one to a packed room at Google I/O,
- implemented a ridiculous internal feature that impacted all of Google’s >20k employees,
- went diving on a World War II wreck in Papua New Guinea,
- went hang gliding for the first time,
- started and finished a bunch of programming projects,
- and met and forged friendships with more people than in the preceding 5 years combined (the best bit).
2011 will be even better. Happy New Year.